- Locate, test and measure coaxial, and data (RJ45) cables
- 2.7-Inch display
- Identify wiring faults including miswire, open fault, short fault, split-pair, and verify shielding
- Detect, identify and test Power over Ethernet (PoE)
- Measure cable length and distance to a fault with Time Domain Reflectometry (TDR) technology
- Measure paired-conductor cables up to 1500-feet (457 m) with accuracy of up to +/- (5-percent and 1-foot/0.3 m) and verify shield
- Single-end cable testing or complete two-end cable testing with ID Remotes
- Perform active network (Ethernet) testing -- detect capabilities and connection speeds
- Locate and identify cables with location ID remotes, ID remotes, Link Light and Tone Generator
- Test and identify location in one step (two-end testing) with ID remotes (RJ45 ports) - supports up to 8 remotes
- Multiple style (4 cadences) tone generator capable of sending a tone on a single conductor, a conductor pair or over all conductors. Requires an analog tone tracing probe such as the Probe-PRO Tracing Probe (VDV500-123) - Sold separately
- Visually identify a hub or switch and locate cable runs with Link Light
- Save up to 256 cable or network tests, export and print reports
- Download brochure for more details and kit contents
VDV Commander? Test Kit locates, tests and measures coax, data and telephone cables to ensure fast and accurate installations. Identify the distance to a short; then determine if a cable is broken or damaged. Ensure compliance and identify cable runs outside specification. Measure cable remaining in a box or on reel. Simplify cable estimating and bill jobs more accurately. In addition, the Commander detects Power over Ethernet (PoE) and can store and output test results for easy report management. Use the Link Light to identify a hub or switch with a blinking light or visually locate cable runs by flashing system status/activity LED.
- Read, understand and follow all instructions, cautions and warnings attached to and/or packed with all test and measurement devices before each use.
- Always wear approved eye protection.
- Do NOT use on energized circuits.